Special Events Executive Chelsea Obsniuk assists with the Manitoba Lotteries Derby Draw. (Photo: Rob Bye)
Post positions were announced for the annual Manitoba Lotteries Derby Thursday at Assiniboia Downs. A full field of ten will go to post in the 61st renewable of Manitoba’s most prestigious horse race.
The Derby will run Monday, August 3, when more than $200,000 in purses will be awarded.
Horses for the first race go to post at 1 p.m.
Below is the Derby field:
- Hilton’s Cherokee – likely odds 3-1, Jockey: Alan Cuthbertson
- Celtic Thane – likely odds 50-1, Jockey: Carlos Marquez
- Tease the Tiger – likely odds 6-1, Jockey: Jake Barton
- Wooden Ya Know It – likely odds 6-1, Jockey: David Lopez
- Smuggler’s Hold – likely odds 5-2, Jockey: Adolfo Morales
- Storm Ranger – likely odds 40-1, Jockey: Larren Delorme
- Secret Officer – likely odds 10-1, Jockey: Mike Iammarino
- Theglow – likely odds 7-2, Jockey: Rohan Singh
- Muffin Star – likely odds 10-1, Jockey: Vicky Baze
- Trick or Bluff – likely odds 50-1, Jockey: Tim Gardiner