Tuesday night in Hollywood, the Sunset Strip (@TheSunsetStrip) hosted a unique event to engage Twitter users from all over. Tweet Crawl 2.0 saw businesses along the 1.3-mile strip offer food and drink specials, no cover charges, tickets and prizes to Twitter followers.
The first Tweet Crawl was held back in July, and it was a tremendous success.
The Strip was filled with illuminated devices walking around as Twitter users checked their feeds to see which nearby establishments were offering the best deals.
Timeline of Tweet Crawl 2.0
- 6:30 p.m. — Twitter users head to The Standard Hotel (@standardhwood) to receive pins to identify them as being a legitimate participant of the social networking site. The hotel also offered $2 hot dogs and reduced drink prices.
- 7:30 p.m. — The Andaz (@andazweho) offered free appetizers and special priced cocktails.
- 8:15 p.m. — The Comedy Store (@TheComedyStore) featured drink specials.
- 9:00 p.m. — Radio station 98.7 FM (@987LA) gave away prizes at all participating venues, including concert tickets and free hotel rooms for the night.
- 10:00 p.m. — The Viper Room (@theVIPERroom) was the second last stop on the Crawl, with live music and a $5 drink menu.
- 11:00 p.m. — The night wrapped up at the Roxy Theatre (@TheRoxy) with a Karaoke ode to Ozzy Osbourne.
Winnipeg could easily pull off something similar, as we have a very vibrant Twitter base here. Social events have been held for Twitter locally in the past, and another one is just around the corner with Twestival. Corydon Avenue or Academy Road would be perfect locations for something like this.
Paging the Corydon or Academy Biz. Heck, Destination Winnipeg could even get in on that, too.
– With files from KTLA.com