By David Klassen
A number of city services will be unavailable, or operating on limited hours this holiday season.
- All civic offices are closed today at noon through to Tuesday, December 29, 2009, and on Friday, January 1, 2010.
- Recycling/garbage collection will not be picked up on select days. Make note of the below holiday schedule:
Friday, December 25, 2009 — No collection
Monday, December 28, 2009 — No collection
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 — Day 2
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 — Day 3
Thursday, December 31, 2009 — Day 4
Friday, January 1, 2010 — No collection
Monday, January 4, 2010 — Day 5
Holiday materials that can be recycled:
- Christmas cards
- Cardboard boxes (flattened)
- Plastic packaging with a recycling triangle
- Christmas trees can be dropped off at any of the “Let’s Chip In” Depots from December 27 to January 20. For more information on the depot locations, call 986-8888, Code 9813.
Holiday materials that are NOT recyclable:
- Christmas wrap and ribbon
- Foam packaging
- Plastic packaging without a recycling triangle
Winnipeg Transit will be operating on a Sunday schedule:
- Friday, December 25, 2009
- Saturday, December 26, 2009
- Friday, January 1, 2010
Most restaurants and retail stores are closed on Christmas Day, excluding movie theatres and some drugstores.
For a complete list of changes to regular operating hours and services, consult the City of Winnipeg website, or call 311.