Gas Leak Fixed in Downtown Office Building

By Brian Schultz

A natural gas leak forced the evacuation of 185 King Street Thursday morning, forcing staff from the water billing department, Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service and corporate services outside.

The city said callers wanting to make water bill inquiries were briefly inconvenienced, but everything was back to normal at around 12:30 p.m.

The cause of the leak is being contributed to a vehicle backing into a gas meter in a nearby parking structure.