Icy road conditions forced the closure of nearly a dozen highways throughout Manitoba on Friday.
The closures extended from Highway 1 west to the Saskatchewan and as far south as from Winnipeg to the U.S. border.
By just before 9 a.m., most of the highways had reopened to traffic, with a few more opening up by 11 a.m.
The following roads have now all reopened:
- Highway # 1 (West) from Winnipeg to Saskatchewan
- Highway # 59 (South) From Winnipeg to St. Malo
- Highway # 75 from Winnipeg to US Border
- Highway # 6 from Highway # 101 (North Perimeter) to Gypsumville
- Highway # 10 from Highway # 1 to Dauphin.
- Highway # 20 from Dauphin to Ochre River.
- Highway # 68 from St Rose du lac to Ebenflow
- Highway # 2 from Winnipeg to Elm Creek
- Highway #3 from Winnipeg to Morden
- Highway #13 from Highway 1 to Carmen
- Highway #14 from Highway 75 to Highway 3
Road conditions are being updated constantly on the province’s website: www.gov.mb.ca/mit/roadinfo
Updated at 10:52 a.m.