Fire Destroys Family’s Home Near Brandon

A home in Douglas, Manitoba smoulders after fire ripped through it on Monday, March 7, 2011. (ADAM SOBKOW / EBRANDON.CA)

A home in Douglas, Manitoba was completely destroyed by fire early Monday morning.

RCMP say the blaze broke out on Bute Street at about 3:25 a.m.

Two adults and four children inside the rental home were able to make it out without injury.

RCMP and the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner have not determined the cause of the fire.

No damage estimate was immediately available.

Douglas is located about 25 kilometres east of Brandon.

Donations for the family are being accepted at Douglas School. Call (204) 763-4480 for further information.