The University of Winnipeg and University of Winnipeg Faculty Association (UWFA) continue to work out a contract deal, but the university is taking precautions in the event the Faculty Association begins picketing at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday.
University officials say if a strike occurs on Thursday, classes in the following areas will continue as usual:
- Collegiate (including the Model School)
- Division of Continuing Education
- English Language programs
- University courses taught by contract teachers who are not members of UWFA Main. A list of these courses may be viewed at UWinnipeg.ca.
If a strike takes place on Thursday, the following services will continue at the university:
- All campus buildings — usual hours
- All residences — usual hours
- Bill Wedlake Fitness Centre — as usual
- Bookstore — as usual
- Diversity Foods — Pangea’s Kitchen, Café Bodhi and Malecon – as usual
- Library — Circulation, E-reserve, Document Delivery, Ready Reference, Bibliographic Control and Systems Services – available as usual
- University Archives — open as needed
- UWSA Day Care — as usual
Both parties have agreed to a media blackout while in negotiations until there is progress to announce.