Winnipeg residents can begin hauling their spring yard waste to one of 11 depots in the city starting today.
The depots will be accepting bagged leaves, lawn thatch, grass clippings, plants, flowers and other garden material. Tree clippings, small branches (no more than 10 centimetres or 4 inches in diameter and must be bundled and tied).
Depot locations (open until May 7):
- Winnipeg Soccer Complex, 900 Waverley Street (northwest parking lot)
- Kildonan Park, 2021 Main Street (Rainbow Stage parking lot)
- Charleswood, 2325 Grant Avenue, west of Shaftesbury Blvd., next to Ambulance Station #32
- King’s Park, King’s Drive and Kilkenny Drive (parking lot)
- St. Vital Park, 190 River Road (south parking lot)
- Transcona, Ravelston Avenue at Chrislind Street)
- Terry Sawchuk Arena, 901 Kimberly Avenue, (parking lot)
- Kilcona Park, McIvor Avenue at Lagimodiere Boulevard (parking lot)
The following depots are open until further notice:
- Vimy Arena, 255 Hamilton Avenue (parking lot)
- Fire Station No. 17, 1501 Church Avenue at Sheppard Street
- St. James Civic Centre, 2055 Ness Avenue (parking lot)
Depots will operate seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. The yard waste will be composted into a reusable soil-like material and used to landscape finished landfill areas. The depots do not accept sand, street sweepings or garbage of any kind, including animal waste.