Manitoba RCMP ramped up their traffic enforcement efforts over the Thanksgiving long weekend as part of Operation Impact.
Mounties charged 36 people with impaired driving (compared to 19 in 2011).
Other statistics included: (2011 data in parentheses)
- 7 24-hour alcohol-related roadside suspensions (13)
- 49 charges for failing to wear seat belts (32)
- 9 charges for using a handheld electronic device while driving (11)
- 490 other traffic-related charges, including speeding, intersection and other (575)
- 15 criminal code traffic offences, including driving while prohibited (7)
There were no fatalities over the Thanksgiving long weekend this year, compared to three last year.