The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba is looking for 6,000 volunteers in the Winnipeg area to help with its annual door-to-door campaign.
In February, canvassers will hit the streets in hopes of raising $696,000 across the province. Funds will help important heart disease and stroke research for Canadians of all ages.
“Securing canvassers, as early as possible, allows us to determine routes, send out canvasser kits, and prepare for the campaign far in advance,” said Sue Punter, the Foundation’s senior manager of community fundraising programs.
The Foundation has the following volunteer and monetary goals in each region:
- Winnipeg — 4,300 volunteers and $300,000
- Brandon — 400 volunteers and $35,000
- Westman and Northwest — 350 volunteers and $130,000
- Central — 300 volunteers and $79,000
- Interlake and Thompson — 300 volunteers and $57,000
- Southeast — 350 volunteers and $95,000
Anyone wishing to volunteer for HSF in Manitoba can call 1-888-473-4636 or visit HeartAndStroke.mb.ca.