The city is opening its Christmas tree recycling depots on December 27.
Those who want to get rid of their tree can visit any of the 11 depots through Sunday, January 20.
Citizens are being asked to remove all tinsel, decorations, plastic bags, and tree stands. Recyclers are also welcome to help themselves to free wood chips, which will be available at all depots in early January (while quantities last). Remember to bring a container.
Trees placed beside recycling or garbage carts will not be collected. Winnipeg residents recycled 15,000 trees last season.
- Charleswood Centre (24 hours) — 3900 Grant Avenue, southwest corner of the Safeway parking lot (along Haney Street)
- Kildonan Park (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.) — 2015 Main Street, Rainbow Stage parking lot
- Kilcona Park (7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.) — Lagimodiere Boulevard and McIvor Avenue in the off-leash dog park parking lot
- Whittier Park (24 hours) — 178 Messager Street, access off St. Joseph Street
- St. James Civic Centre (24 hours) — 2055 Ness Avenue, northwest corner parking lot
- Fire Hall # 17 (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.) — 1501 Church Avenue at Sheppard Street
- Vimy Arena (24 hours) — 255 Hamilton Avenue at Vimy Road
- St. Vital Park (8 a.m. to 10 p.m.) — 190 River Road, south parking lot
- Transcona (24 hours) — Chrislind Street and Ravelston Avenue
- King’s Park (8 a.m. to 10 p.m.) — 198 King’s Drive, south parking lot
- Winnipeg Soccer Complex (24 hours) — 900 Waverley Street at Victor Lewis Drive