The Manitoba government is asking for the public’s input on the upcoming 2013 budget.
Finance Minister Stan Struthers will deliver the budget in the spring.
“In this time of global economic uncertainty, it is important to keep focused on responsible fiscal management,” Struthers said. “But we’ll keep working and listening to Manitoba families to ensure their priorities reflected in the 2013 budget.”
Pre-budget consultations will take place the following days from 7 to 9 p.m. unless otherwise stated:
- January 21, south Winnipeg — Fort Garry Community Centre, Victoria Main Hall, 80 Derek St. (bilingual consultation)
- January 22, Gimli — Lakeview Resort, 10 Centre St.
- January 23, Niverville — Niverville Heritage Centre, 100 Heritage Trail
- January 28, Flin Flon — City Hall, council chambers, 20 First Ave. (1 to 3 p.m.)
- January 28, Swan River — Westwood Inn, Valley room, 473 Westwood Rd.
- January 29, north Winnipeg — Valley Gardens Community Club, 218 Antrim Rd.
- January 30, Brandon — Keystone Centre, 1175 18 St. (1 to 3 p.m.)
Those unable to attend one of the above dates can share their views by writing to Budget Consultations, Room 103, 450 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.