A Winnipeg-led study on UFOs has been released, detailing that in 2013, there was more than 1,100 reports of the flying objects.
The study from UFOlogy Research of Manitoba shows that many people continue to report unusual objects in the sky, some of which do not have obvious explanations. Many witnesses are pilots, police and other individuals with reasonably good observing capabilities and good judgement.
Among the study’s findings:
- The number of cases in 2013 is the second-highest number of UFO sightings recorded in Canada during the last 25 years — about three each day.
- The 1,180 UFO cases reported in 2013 is much less than the peak year of 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded.
- In 2013, Ontario had more than 40 per cent of all Canadian UFO reports.
- In 2013, about 14 per cent of all UFO reports were classified as unexplained.
- The typical UFO sighting in 2013 lasted approximately 13 minutes.
The complete study can be found at survey.canadianuforeport.com.