RCMP in the Dauphin area pulled over approximately 2,700 vehicles during the weekend leading up to and including Dauphin’s Countryfest.
From June 25-29, police in the region increased their traffic enforcement, setting up six check stops and also operating roving patrols throughout the area.
Traffic enforcement breakdown:
- 201 speeding charges
- 13 failing to wear seatbelt charges
- 2 operating a hand held device charges
- 9 invalid registration/insurance charges
- 6 driving without a valid licence charges
- 2 driving while suspended charges
- 33 other traffic violation charges
- 1 careless driving charge
- 1 driving while disqualified charge
- 4 charges under the Liquor and Gaming Control Act