By David Klassen
Assiniboine Community College in Brandon has graduated 13 students from its integrated police studies program.
The students graduated on Friday from the program, which was intended to remove barriers for aboriginal students seeking entry into occupations related to protective services. The integrated delivery of the program allowed three of the 13 graduating students to complete their mature student high school diploma while working toward a nine-month police studies certificate.
In total, 15 students took part in the final inspection and drill.
The cadets are:
- Aaron ANDERSON, Pinaymootang First Nation
- Trevor ANDERSON, Pinaymootang First Nation
- Travis ASSINIBOINE, Dakota Tipi First Nation
- Ryker BATSON, Brandon
- Cole BATSON ,Winnipeg
- Joel BRUYERE, Sagkeeng First Nation
- Johnathan CAMPBELL, Dauphin
- Alicia KEEWATIN-WESLEY, Okanese First Nation
- Valerie KOROSIL, Keeseekoowenin First Nation
- Joshua MURDOCK, Koostatak
- Nicholas PAUL, Swan River
- Joshua POMPANA, Brandon
- Robert PRINCE, Sandy Bay First Nation
- Serita RICHARD, Sandy Bay First Nation
- Billy-Jack WEST, Sandy Bay First Nation