The province recognized employers, journeypersons and industry training leaders Thursday night at the eighth annual Apprenticeship Awards of Distinction.
“These awards recognize the many mentors in Manitoba who are making a difference by building a province where no matter who you are or where you come from, you know you can have a bright future,” said Jobs and Economy Minister Kevin Chief.
This year’s recipients are:
- Instructor of the year: Barry Chetyrbok, Red River College
- Journeyperson of the year — urban: Mark Braun, hairstylist, Salon Pop
- Journeyperson of the year — rural: Rene Bissonnette, automotive service technician, Rosenort Motors
- Employer of the year — urban: McKenzie Electric Ltd.
- Employer of the year — rural: Komfort Kitchen
This year marks the 70th anniversary of apprenticeship in Manitoba.