Pump up those bike tires, Winnipeg and get to work!
The eighth annual Bike to Work Day is Friday, featuring 60 pit stops city-wide from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
As part of Bike Week Winnipeg, volunteer-run stops will include free refreshments for cyclists, and bike repairs and prizes for riders who drop in.
A group ride will depart from Assiniboine Park just before 7 a.m.
See the complete schedule below:
- 6:50 a.m. — CAA Pit Stop (South side of Assiniboine Park footbridge)
- 7:10 a.m. — Natural Cycle Courier Pit Stop (Omand’s Creek near the bridge)
- 7:30 a.m. — CAA Pit Stop (Manitoba Legislature SW corner of the grounds)
- 7:50 a.m. — The Forks/NCI Pit Stop (Bonnycastle Park)
- 8:10 a.m. — City pit stop (8 Forks Market Road)
The MPI all-day pit stop at The Forks welcomes commuters from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All Bike Week Winnipeg participants are invited to the Half Pints Bikes & BBQ party at Oodena Celebration Circle at The Forks from 4:30-7 p.m. The first 500 cyclists to arrive will receive a free Boon Burger. Winnipeg’s only bike-powered concert system, powered by attendees, will amplify a concert by Noble Thiefs.