With the first exhibition Winnipeg Blue Bombers game of the 2015 CFL season on Friday, the football club and city have revealed plans on how to get thousands of fans to and from Investors Group Field.
A park and ride location has been designated in St. Vital at Centre Scolaire Leo-Remillard, 1095 St. Anne’s Road. The lot can hold up to 160 vehicles.
Some post-game boarding locations have changed this season and fans are asked to pay attention to new signage at Investors Group Field.
The following Winnipeg Transit services remain unchanged and will be offered as follows:
- Route 161 will operate at 15-minute intervals, beginning 90 minutes before Friay’s game. Service will operate from downtown to Investors Group Field making all stops in the Downtown and along the transitway before running non-stop from Jubilee to the stadium.
- The last 161 to Investors Group Field will leave Balmoral Station 30 minutes before the event or game is scheduled to begin.
- Extra route 161 service will not operate after the game however passengers can catch Route 160 buses post-game to downtown.
Regular service to Investors Group Field
- 60 Pembina
- 75 Crosstown East
- 78 Crosstown West
- 160 Downtown – University of Manitoba
- 162 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert Express
- 170 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert
The Running Back Shuttle will operate pre-game only and is free of charge to riders.
Park and ride services will operate using school buses, beginning two hours prior to game time.
- Passengers can show their game day ticket for a free ride home when boarding at Investors Group Field.
- All park and ride super express service and extra service on routes 75, 78 (via Cambridge and via Kenaston) and 160 will be lined up on Chancellor Matheson heading west towards Pembina. Route 162/170 can be caught at its regular stop – University Crescent at Freedman.
On campus parking
- 5,000 paid parking spots on campus
- Season parking passes and flex pack game day parking passes can be purchased online at Ticketmaster or by calling (204) 784-7448.
- Cash parking in regular lots is available for $20 on a first-come first-served basis for all home games and other special events. Parking passes can be pre-purchased or purchased with cash on game-day
- Value lot available on the east end of campus at $10 per game. Those wishing to park in the value lot must enter campus via University Crescent where a parking attendant will direct them. Parking passes can be pre-purchased or purchased with cash on game-day. Shuttle buses will be available to transport fans to and from the Value Lot to the stadium.
- Fully secure and monitored bike storage for 800 bicycles on game and event days
- Located at Budweiser Gate 3
- About 300 additional unmonitored spots are available throughout campus
The Blue Bombers host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at 7:30 p.m. ChrisD.ca sports reporter John Gaudes will have your post-game coverage shortly after the final whistle.