It was a hefty medal haul for Team Manitoba on Sunday to finish at the Western Canada Summer Games.
Manitoba won 144 medals — setting a new record — to wrap up competition in Wood Buffalo, Alberta. The last record set for provincial competitors was during the 2011 Games in Kamloops, BC with 107 medals.
Sunday’s medal winners included:
1. Joshua Ilse – Rowing – Single Sculls – Male
2. Kyla Roy, Payton Ryz, Darian Hole, Adam Naylor – Triathlon – Mixed Team Medley
3. Female Soccer lost 3-1 against BC
1. Annemarie Goytan, Emma Gray – Rowing – Double Sculls – Female
2. Jordan Hamilton, Joshua Ilse – Rowing – Double Sculls – Male
3. Baseball won 5-1 against Alberta
4. Male Soccer won 5-1 against Saskatchewan
Overall, Manitoba finished with 48 gold, 47 silver and 49 bronze.
Teams arrived in Winnipeg late Sunday night via chartered flights.