The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ was busy this summer, hosting 138 events and drawing out an estimated 50,040 visitors.
The BIZ held outdoor movie screenings, yoga and Zumba classes, farmers’ markets, concerts, food tours and other events.
“Our events add incredible value to the city and positioning downtown as the premier entertainment destination,” said Stefano Grande, executive director of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ.
“When people visit the downtown at all hours of the day, we are sure to see a more revitalized core and a local economy supported with a greater economic spend.”
The largest single day attraction was the “Largest Living Flag” on Canada Day, which 3,850 people formed in Shaw Park.
By the numbers (June-August):
- Fitness in the Park: 3,800 visits
- Downtown Farmers’ Market: 35,000 visits
- Downtown Concert Series: 1,200 visits
- Downtown Tours: 515 visits
- Downtown Drive-in: 675 visits
- Movies at Memorial Park: 5,000 visits
- Canada Day Living Flag: 3,850 visits
Fifty festivals take place in the downtown year-round, attracting over 950,000 people annually.
Next up for the BIZ is the ManyFest street party from September 11-13.