WINNIPEG — A new lounge at James Richardson International Airport has opened to cater to the customer who expects a little more out of their travelling experience.
The Plaza Premium Lounge has been operating on the departures level post-security since early September, but officially opened on Wednesday with a ceremonial lion dance.
The Hong Kong-based Plaza Premium Group has 12 of the lounges in airports across the country and 130 worldwide.
“In opening the Winnipeg lounge, Plaza Premium Group has connected our community with their global network of incredible lounges, introducing our customers to world-class travel experiences,” said Barry Rempel, president and CEO of Winnipeg Airports Authority.
Travellers pay a flat $40 fee to enter the lounge, or if you’re a certain level American Express cardholder, your entry fee is already covered.
The Winnipeg lounge is 300 square metres and includes unlimited access to food and drink (including alcohol), freshly-prepared fare with signature dishes such as chocolate and marinated strawberries, flatbread and rotisserie chicken. Business travellers will make use of the workstations with charging outlets, free WiFi and private meeting cubicles.
- Located opposite of Gates 5 and 6 to the right of security
- 3,160 sq. ft.
- Seating capacity of 95
- Open daily from 4:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. (seasonal hours may change)
- Signature dishes, plus all-day food (light hot meals, sandwiches, desserts and snacks)
- All-day beverage: selection of juices and soft drinks. Barista services with coffee, tea, espresso, and cappuccino. A bar with a generous selection of beer, wine and spirits (available after 10 a.m.)
- WiFi enabled
- Entertainment: TV, international newspapers and magazines
- In-lounge flight information available