WINNIPEG — Fourteen people have been arrested and charged as part of a drug investigation by Winnipeg police.
Project Central began in September 2016 targeting the buying and selling of illicit drugs in central Winnipeg.
Three search warrants were executed on January 27 in the 200 block of Beacon Street, 600 block of Pacific Avenue, and 500 block of Leila Avenue.
- $8,500 cash
- Cocaine with an estimated street value of $18,000
- Crystal methamphetamine with an estimated street value of $2,500
- Marijuana with an estimated street value of $360
- 1.1 kg of a white (unknown) powder (lab tests pending)
- Loaded sawed-off rifle
- Several thousand dollars’ worth of clothing and jewellery
The 14 people face numerous drug and weapons-related offences.