The second quarter report for the city’s 311 service came out on Friday and shows that 434,322 calls were handled between April 1 and June 30, 2009. Along with the calls, 13,084 e-mails were also handled.
Other notable highlights mentioned were that 2,226 calls required service in French and 179 inquiries were sent in by fax.
The top 5 most frequent information requests:
- Transit: bus schedule (117,669 inquiries)
- Assessment & Tax (15,020 inquiries)
- Recreation and Leisure (10,038 inquiries)
- Water services (8,632 inquiries)
- Street maintenance (8,288 inquiries)
The top 5 most frequent requests for city services:
- Golf tee time bookings (6,092 service requests)
- Parking/ticket payment (3,587 service requests)
- Neighbourhood Livability complaints (3,267 service requests)
- Recreation & Leisure registration (3,219 service requests)
- Requests for bulky pick up/autobin (2,578 service requests)
— With files from a news release