By Sarah Klein
As reported last month, Winnipeg will be holding its first ever Giveaway Weekend on September 26 and 27.
The city outlined today some etiquette to consider before taking part:
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE.”
- Respect other people’s property – don’t walk or drive on people’s lawns or gardens.
- Giveaway items should still be in good condition.
- Don’t discard any items on another person’s lawn.
- Consider safety when deciding which items to give away.
Some ideas for items you can giveaway include anything you would normally find at a garage sale, such as clothing, books, CDs, DVDs, construction material, kitchen gadgets, etc.
Residents are asked to place any unwanted household items at the curb. Leftover items must be removed from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
More information on giveaway weekend can be found on the City of Winnipeg website.