By Sarah Klein
The WRHA has expanded the list of eligible people who can receive the H1N1 flu shot due to low turnout today at all 12 clinics in the city.
Those who can now get the shot are:
- Children aged six months to under five years old;
- Anyone of Aboriginal ancestry;
- Disadvantaged individuals (for example, the homeless);
- People living in remote or isolated areas;
- People under 65 with a chronic medical condition or other risks including severe obesity, substance abuse or alcoholism;
- Anyone with a weakened immune system or those who live with or care for them;
- Those who live with or care for infants under six months old;
- Single parents or anyone solely responsible for a dependent;
- Health-care workers and medical first responders; and
- Pregnant women.
About 12,000 doses are available right now, with another 8,000 arriving later this week.
Clinics are open from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday.