The provincial government wants input from Manitobans on the upcoming 2010 Budget.
Finance Minister Rosann Wowchuk said Friday a number of pre-budget consultations will be held this month across the province.
Part of the challenge for the upcoming budget is the impact on finances due to the global economic downturn, investments made to deal with the H1N1 flu and the spring flood.
“That’s why these consultations are so important as they will give Manitobans the ability to provide input and present their priorities during difficult economic times,” Wowchuk said.
The current list of dates and sites includes:
- Jan. 19 at the Seine River Banquet Hall, 80 Arena Rd., Ste. Anne (bilingual presentation) at 7 p.m.;
- Jan. 20 at the Caribbean Cultural Centre, 1100 Fife St., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
- Jan. 21 at the Bronx Park Community Club, 720 Henderson Hwy., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
- Jan. 25 in Salon A, Keystone Centre, Brandon at 9:30 a.m.;
- Jan. 25 at the Portuguese Cultural Centre, 659 Young St., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
- Jan. 26 at the Holy Eucharist Parish Hall, 500 Pacific Ave., Selkirk at 7 p.m.;
- Jan. 29 at The Golden Agers Club, The Kin Centre, 324 Ross Ave., The Pas at 1:30 p.m.; and
- Jan. 29 in the Legion Room, Veterans Community Hall, 119 Sixth Ave. North, Swan River at 7 p.m.
Manitobans can also share their views by e-mailing [email protected] or in writing to the minister at:
Room 103, Legislative Building