If smoke tends to bother you, you may want to close your windows this weekend.
The City of Winnipeg will conduct controlled burns beginning Friday in select areas until Tuesday, June 1, weather permitting. These controlled burns will be conducted in minimal wind conditions with appropriate fire guards in place.
The fires help prevent weeds and work to preserve and restore prairies.
Controlled burns will be carried out at the following locations:
- Kings Park — 150 Kings Drive
- Rotary Prairie — 1101 Regent Avenue W.
- Paulicelli Park — Atwood Street
- George Olive Nature Park — McMeans Drive
- Wildwood Park — NE of North Drive
- Assiniboine Forest meadow and Eve Werier Pond
- Southglen — St. Annes Road and Shorehill Drive
- Macbeth Park — Red River Boulevard
- Living Prairie Museum — 2795 Ness Avenue