It’s the first time football fans will have the chance to see this season’s potential quarterbacks in official action. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will welcome the defending Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes to Canad Inns Stadium on Sunday, June 13 for the first pre-season game of the year.
QBs Buck Pierce, Steven Jyles, Alex Brink and Adam DiMichele will all be vying for the top spot on the roster, and head coach Paul LaPolice‘s attention at the same time.
In May, the football club announced numerous changes to this year’s game day experience for fans. If you plan to head down to the stadium on Sunday, you aren’t allowed to re-enter once you leave the facility. There will also be an added police presence to ensure fan safety.
As the Bombers celebrate their 80th anniversary this year, former alumni will be welcoming fans at every gate and the new ‘Energy Team’ will be giving away prizes throughout the game.
Tickets to the game are available at Ticketmaster, with season tickets still being made available until June 12.
Kickoff is at 1 p.m. and season ticket holders can begin entering the stadium at 11:30 a.m. The general public can enter beginning at noon.
Before you head down, consider opening up your pantry and bringing down a non-perishable food item for Winnipeg Harvest. The food bank will be on site collecting “Tins for the Bin.”
The 10 most wanted foods in need are:
- Canned fish and poultry — tuna, or salmon (packed in water) chicken or turkey
- Canned fruit and vegetables (packed in own juice)
- Canned stew, chili, brown beans
- Peanut Butter
- Baby Food — jars of chicken, beef, vegetables or fruit, infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice, Formula with added iron *While donations of infant formula with added iron are needed, Winnipeg Harvest supports breastfeeding.
- Whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
- Rice — brown, converted or parboiled
- Canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
- Cereal — high fiber, non-sugar coated
- Canned soup — lentil, pea, vegetable