By David Klassen
The last long weekend of the summer will bring some expected closures on Monday, August 2.
Here’s what’s closed and a list of services operating on reduced schedules:
- City of Winnipeg civic offices
- No garbage or recycling collection (Tuesday, August 3 will be Day 5)
- No mail delivery
- All city libraries
- All Leisure Centres
- Animal Services Agency
- Indoor pools, except Pan Am, operating from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Reduced Operating Hours:
- Most stores/shopping centres will be open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Conservatory will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All outdoor pools will be open, weather permitting, from 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wading pools will be open from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and spray pads from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
If hitting the links is your thing, all municipal golf courses will be open. To book your tee time, call 311 for Kildonan Park, Windsor Park and Crescent Drive, and 986-3490 for the John Blumberg golf course.
Have a safe and happy holiday.