By David Klassen
With Labour Day on Monday, September 6, a number of city services are operating on reduced schedules.
- All civic offices will be closed on Monday.
- No recycling/garbage will be collected. Tuesday will be Day 4.
- Winnipeg Transit will be operating on a Sunday schedule. On Tuesday, the new fall schedule will be in effect.
- The Brady Landfill will be open from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Regular weekend hours on Saturday and Sunday are in effect.
- All municipal golf courses will be open. Tee times for Kildonan Park, Windsor Park and Crescent Park can be made by calling 311. Tee times for John Blumberg can be made by calling 986-3490, while golfers wanting to play at Harbour View can call 222-2751.
- All libraries will be closed on Monday. Fall and winter hours start September 7.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The Conservatory is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday and Monday.
- All indoor pools will be closed, with the exception of the Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex — open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Leisure Centres will be closed. Regular hours are in effect Saturday and Sunday.
- Animal Services Agency is closed on Monday. Regular hours are in effect Saturday and Sunday.
- For a list of which wading pools are open (weather permitting), call 311.
- St. Vital Centre — Closed
- Polo Park — Closed
- Kildonan Place — Closed
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!