Manitoba’s largest anime convention is on the hunt for a new mascot for next year’s show.
Ai-Kon will take place July 15-17, 2011 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre and is calling on artists to create a new design for Aiko, the convention’s mascot.
The theme for Aiko 2011 will be “Celebration,” highlighting the 10th anniversary of Ai-Kon.
Contest rules and requirements:
- Entries must be full-body images, with no background and should contain subtle integrations of the number 10, but not the main focus.
- Images featuring poses, outfits and/or hair styles of copyrighted characters, or copyrighted characters themselves, will not be accepted.
- No adult-themed images will be accepted. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon executives. Please ensure entries are suitable for all ages.
- A maximum limit of three entries per person will be accepted.
- All entries should be individual and not adjustments to an earlier entry.
- Entries must be full-colour, 300 dpi resolution and submitted electronically in JPEG or PSD format. A smaller version of your entry may by submitted for judging as long as a higher resolution version is available.
- You may also post artwork to your own web site, DeviantART account, or other hosting service and e-mail us the URL.
- Do not use a watermark on your submission.
- When submitting entries, please use the following naming format for your file: firstname_lastname_01.jpg (or PDF). If you are submitting more than one entry, please number them appropriately (i.e: firstname_lastname_02.jpg, firstname_lastname_03.jpg, etc.).
How to enter:
E-mail entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information must be included with your entry:
-In the subject line, please list your real name, and Ai-Kon Mascot. (Ex: Jane Doe – Ai-Kon Mascot)
-Your real first and last name
-Your artist nickname (if you use one)
-Your e-mail address
-Your telephone number
Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail within a week of submission. Entries must be received no later than Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. and will be judged by Ai-Kon executives. The winning entry will be announced on or before Sunday, January 29, 2011.
All entries and rights to the images become property of Ai-Kon.
The winner will receive a free art table, a weekend pass to Ai-Kon 2011, and an Ai-Kon 2011 t-shirt. The winning entry will be used for Ai-Kon 2011 promotional materials and merchandise.
The two runner ups will receive a free half art table at and a weekend pass to Ai-Kon 2011.
If you require further information on the theme “celebration,” please contact email@example.com.
Ai-Kon is Manitoba’s largest anime (Japanese Animation) convention and is an all-ages public event.