Another pre-Halloween party to add to your calendar — this time at Oak Hammock Marsh.
The nature retreat near Stonewall will host a series of activities on Saturday, October 30, including:
- Halloween scavenger hunt select times throughout the day — Participate in a scavenger hunt that will lead you to look for spooky objects and treats.
- Pumpkin decorating contest at 1 p.m. — Take part in our pumpkin decorating contest to win some fabulous prizes. Bring your own pumpkin or buy one ($5, supplies included). At 3 p.m. the pumpkins will be brought into the theatre and judged for best decorated.
- Costume parade at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. — Spooktacular parade through the Interpretive Centre. Collect Halloween treats as you walk along and meet a surprise guest.
- Marsh creature presentations select times throughout the day — Find out fascinating facts from some of our lesser known creatures of the marsh including bats, spiders, and owls.
- Face Painting select times throughout the day — Get your face painted with your favourite spooky designs by one of our artistic nature interpreters.
As we previously reported, the Western Canada Aviation Museum is also having celebrations on the 30th.
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!