By Brian Schultz
The Winnipeg police have partnered with two local organizations for a Christmas Gift Drive to benefit inner-city and underprivileged youth.
The Indian & Metis Friendship Centre and Rossbrook House will help to collect gifts to give away at a planned Christmas party on Saturday, December 18.
The Friendship Centre at 45 Robinson Street will host the festivities between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Between 500 and 700 children from across the city, from infants to 12-years-old, are expected to attend.
New unwrapped gifts are in need of being donated and can be dropped off at a number of police community resource centres.
- Public Safety Building Service Centre — 151 Princess Street
- St. James Service Centre — 210 Lyle Street
- North End Service Centre — 260 Hartford Street
- East District Service Centre — 1750 Dugald Road
- Henderson Service Centre — 1400 Henderson Highway
- St. Mary’s Service Centre — 1086 St Mary’s Road
- Pembina Service Centre — 1350 Pembina Highway