Hog Barn Explodes in RM of Ritchot

An accidental explosion destroyed part of this hog barn in the RM of Ritchot on Thursday, January 20, 2011. No one was hurt. (RCMP HANDOUTS)

A methane gas explosion destroyed a hog barn south of Winnipeg in the RM of Ritchot last Thursday.

Emergency crews were called to the property on Leblanc Road shortly after 5:30 p.m.

RCMP say an equipment malfunction caused a spark and ignited a build up of methane gas within the building.

No people or livestock were hurt and structural damage was only caused to the west building.

Advertisements


Pssst, while you're here...
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!

Support ChrisD.ca ?

Sports Highlights

Comments

comments

logo