You would think with warmer temperatures, the afternoon drive would be easier, but that’s not the case.
Winnipeg police are warning motorists that traffic lights are out at several intersections throughout the city.
“Public Works has doubled up on crews to address the other lights that also appear to be flashing due to moisture issues. The fluctuation in temperatures from the extreme cold we had to today’s warm weather is the likely culprit,” city spokesperson Michelle Bailey said in an e-mail.
The following intersections are currently affected by the outage:
- Ness Avenue and Mount Royal Road
- Linwood Drive and Ness Avenue
- St. Mathews Avenue and King Edward Street
- St. James Street and Wellington Avenue
- Munroe Avenue and Gateway Road
- Archibald Street and Provencher Boulevard
- Wellington Avenue and Century Street
- Salter Street and Redwood Avenue
Lights at Kenaston Boulevard and Grant Avenue, as well as Marion Street and Lagimodiere Boulevard were out earlier, but are now up and running again.
Drivers are reminded to treat intersections without proper working traffic lights as a four-way stop and yield to other drivers already in the intersection.