By David Klassen
Louis Riel Day is on Monday and a number of city services won’t be operating because of the provincial holiday.
City of Winnipeg
- All civic offices will be closed.
- Recycling/garbage pickup will resume on Tuesday, February 22 and be Day 3 on the five-day schedule.
- Brady Landfill will operate on a holiday schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Winnipeg Transit will be run on a Sunday schedule.
- All swimming pools will be closed with the exception of the Pan Am Pool (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and the Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- All leisure centres, libraries and the Animal Services Agency will be closed.
- St. Vital Centre — 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Polo Park Shopping Centre — 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Kildonan Place Shopping Centre — 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Portage Place Shopping Centre — 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Forks — 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
If past Louis Riel Days are any indication, most people will be at the Festival du Voyageur.