Second year students in Red River College’s Creative Communications program will present their Independent Professional Projects — or IPPs — beginning today.
The 60 students will make presentations on an array of topics, including short films, novels, promotional videos, blogs and plays.
The presentations help students gain exposure as they enter the workforce following graduation.
Some of the presentations include:
- The Bata Project — a fundraising campaign by Glenda Ollero that sends underprivileged Filipino children to school for a year.
- Foundwinnipeg — a website by Mike Choi that focuses on extraordinary Winnipeggers and their accomplishments.
- Manitoba Parks: A(sessippi) to Z(ed lake) — a blog by Neil Babaluk that profiles each of Manitoba’s provincial parks.
- Pieces -– a historical fiction novel by Amanda Hope that has recently been published.
- Soccer on Shaw — a television program by Steve Dreger with footage from the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The IPPs will be held from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. today through Friday, March 11 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre. Admission is free.