More than 700 people will gather Saturday at Assiniboine Park for the Challenge for Life 20K Walk.
The fundraising event is in support of the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation and will see Manitoba artists entertain the walkers at a number of stops along the route.
The opening ceremonies will begin at the Lyric Stage at 8:30 a.m. hosted by Hot 103’s Ace Burpee.
Walkers will then take to some of Winnipeg’s most beautiful and historic neighbourhoods.
Musicians performing along the route include:
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. — Those Guys (Check Stop 1: Harry Martin Field, Grosvenor Avenue at Renfrew Street)
- 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. — Fred Penner (Check Stop 2: Enderton (Peanut) Park, Harvard Avenue at Ruskin Row)
- 10:15 to 11 a.m. and 11:15 to 11:45 a.m. — Oh So Popular (Check Stop 3: Memorial Park)
- 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Steve Kiz and the BMW Dixieland Band (Check Stop 4: Kelvin High School, Kingsway Avenue at Stafford Street)
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — The Riffs (Check Stop 5: Queenston School, Grosvenor Avenue at Queenston Street)
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. — Ariya Afrika (Check Stop 6: Andrew Currie Park, Wellington Crescent and Lanark Street)
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — The Danny Kramer Band (At the finish line at Assiniboine Park)
Manitoba’s own Heather Bishop will perform at the closing ceremonies (Lyric Stage) beginning at 2:30 p.m.