Have a dog itching to be in the spotlight? Rainbow Stage is calling on dog owners to bring Fido down for a casting call.
On May 10, potential doggy actors will be screened between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Kildonan Park for an upcoming production of “Annie.”
Dogs must be available for a three-week daytime rehearsal, including evenings. Chosen dogs will have the same call time and hours as the actors — potentially only a 15-minute call.
- The dog must be comfortable with loud noises (band & singing).
- The dog must be able to maintain a sit and stay, do an excellent heel, come when called and respond to verbal and hand commands.
- The dog must be Sandy in colour.
- The dog must weigh between 60-80 lbs and should be a “mutt” type.
- The dog must be a social animal and good with children
- The dog must be able to demonstrate that it can consistently repeat required stage actions.
- The dog would be a great contender if it can do tricks (shake a paw, talk on command, crawl, walk on back feet, turn circles, go through legs).
Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling (204) 989-5261 ext. 2, or e-mailing [email protected].