Winnipeg Goldeyes players will visit nine city library branches on Tuesday to promote children’s literacy.
Players will read stories, answer questions and sign autographs, while also supporting the library’s TD Summer Reading Club.
The readings will be followed by the annual Library Night at the Ballpark in Shaw Park on Wednesday, August 8 at 7 p.m.
Registration is required with the host library to attend the Goldeyes players’ visits.
Winnipeg Public Libraries hosting Goldeyes players:
- Millennium Library, 251 Donald Street, (204) 986-6488
- Munroe Library, 489 London Street, (204) 986-3736
- Pembina Trail Library, 2724 Pembina Highway, (204) 986-4380
- Henderson Library, 1-1050 Henderson Highway, (204) 986-7916
- Sir William Stephenson Library, 765 Keewatin Street, (204) 986-7096
- St. James-Assiniboia Library, 1910 Portage Avenue, (204) 986-3425
- Louis Riel Library, 1168 Dakota Street, (204) 986-4576
- Westwood Library, 66 Allard Avenue, (204) 986-4747
- Windsor Park Library, 955 Cottonwood Road, (204) 986-4947
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!