The Manitoba Bison women’s basketball is hosting a tournament this weekend in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
The 2012 Shoot for the Cure Invitational will run Friday, October 19 to Sunday, October 21. Proceeds from gate admissions on Saturday will go towards breast cancer research and finding a cure.
Saturday will also be “pack the place pink night,” where the Bisons are encouraging fans to wear pink to support the cause. The team is hoping to raise $7,000 for the CBCF this year.
Co-head coach Michele Hynes says the team hopes to hold additional fundraisers before February, when donations need to be turned over to the foundation.
All games take place at the Investors Group Athletic Centre. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students/seniors.
Friday, October 19
- Lakehead vs. Manitoba Bisons (6 p.m.)
- Olds College vs. Winnipeg (8 p.m.)
Saturday, October 20
- Olds College vs. Lakehead (5 p.m.)
- Winnipeg vs. Manitoba Bisons (7 p.m.)
Sunday, October 21
- Olds College vs. Manitoba Bisons (10 a.m)
- Lakehead vs. Winnipeg (12 p.m.)