The 103rd Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade will signal the start of the holiday season on Saturday as it rolls through city streets.
The parade begins at 5 p.m. at Portage Avenue and Young Street and will move eastward toward The Forks.
More than 100 floats are entered, and organizers expect about 60,000 people to attend.
Those attending are asked to bring a non-perishable food item in support of the Christmas Cheer Board. Volunteers will be collecting donations along the route.
A number of block parties have also been planned, hosted by area organizations to provide a fun environment for those attending the parade.
Road closures starting at 4 p.m.
- Southbound Main Street from McDermot Avenue to Graham Avenue
- Northbound Main Street from St. Mary Avenue to Portage Avenue
- Pioneer Avenue from Main Street to Westbrook Street
- William Stephenson Way from Main Street to Waterfront Drive
- York Avenue from Fort Street to Main Street
Roads will reopen following the parade.