An open house on Wednesday will discuss the planned Panet Road — Molson Street twinning project and the preliminary design of future improvements.
From 4-8 p.m., the public can visit John de Graff Elementary School (1020 Louelda Street) to get a first-hand look at preliminary plans for the $7.4 million project. The project calls for the reconstruction of Panet Road and Molson Street between Munroe Avenue and Concordia Avenue as a four-lane divided urban roadway.
Included in the construction will be:
- Bike lanes in both directions and sidewalks on both sides
- Separate left-turn lanes and right-turn cut-offs added at the Concordia intersection
- Land drainage sewers to replace ditch drainage
- Relocation/removal of wood pole lines
- Trees and landscaping
- Active Transportation improvements.
Construction is set to begin this summer and is scheduled for completion in 2014.