By Sarah Klein
Children living in Winnipeg’s Sage Creek neighbourhood will have a new school to attend by 2016.
The new kindergarten to Grade 8 school within the Louis Riel School Division will be able to accomodate between 450 and 600 students when it opens.
Education Minister Nancy Allan and Premier Greg Selinger made the announcement Wednesday at the future site of the 68,000-square-foot building located at the corner of Sage Greek Boulevard and Edward Turner Drive.
The new, state-of-the-art school will feature:
- a science technology education room,
- a physical education and health facility,
- a learning resource centre and library,
- a band and music room,
- a practical arts classroom, and
- facilities for special-needs students.
Construction on the $20 million facility is expected to begin next year.