Summer in Winnipeg can only mean one thing — construction season.
On Thursday, the Manitoba government announced $2.6 million for reconstruction work in the southeast area of the city, including along St. Anne’s Road.
“Southeast Winnipeg is a vibrant, bustling sector in our city with numerous shops, and business, community and recreation centres. Families in this area, like most across the city, are busy and depend on safe, well-maintained roads,” said Local Government Minister Ron Lemieux.
The provincial funding will be cost-shared with the city and target St. Vital, Riel, Seine River, Southdale, St. Boniface and Radisson.
Specific projects include:
- Park Grove Drive from Chatsworth Place to Beaverhill Boulevard
- Brentford Road from Meadowood Drive to Wales Avenue
- Lodgepine Bay at Meadowood Drive
- Rue des Meurons from Hamel Avenue to Avenue de la Cathedrale
- Rue des Meurons from Bertrand Street to Hamel Avenue
- St. Anne’s Road from Fermor Avenue to Lavalee Road
- St. Mary’s Road from Coniston Street to Lyndale Drive
Construction is expected to start by the end of June.