Mayor Sam Katz announced new members of his executive policy committee on Monday.
St. Norbert Councillor Justin Swandel and St. Charles Councillor Grant Nordman join the mayor’s powerful inner circle.
Last month, Councillors Scott Fielding and Dan Vandal stepped down from EPC.
“This new team is focused on the priorities of Winnipeggers — fixing our streets and providing quality recreation and community facilities for families to enjoy,” Katz said. “In addition, EPC has a renewed focus on economic development.”
EPC consists of the following seven members:
- Councillor Jeff Browaty (North Kildonan) – Chair of Property and Development
- Mayor Sam Katz – Chair of EPC, Secretary of Urban Aboriginal Opportunities
- Councillor Brian Mayes (St. Vital) – Chair of Protection and Community Services, Chair of the Mayor’s Environmental Advisory Committee
- Councillor Grant Nordman (St. Charles) – Acting Deputy Mayor, Chair of the Mayor’s Age-Friendly and Seniors Advisory Committee, Councillor responsible for Assiniboine Park Governance*, Councillor responsible for Corporate Sponsorship
- Councillor Mike Pagtakhan (Point Douglas) – Chair of Downtown Development, Heritage and Riverbank Management
- Councillor Justin Swandel (St. Norbert) – Deputy Mayor, Chair of Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works
- Councillor Russ Wyatt (Transcona) – Chair of Finance, Chair of Alternate Service Delivery, Secretary of Economic Development