The city’s recycling and garbage collection schedule is one day behind this week due to the holidays.
Residents who normally have Thursday pickup will have their items collected on Friday instead. Those on the Friday schedule will see collection on Saturday.
The altered schedule also moves into New Year’s week (December 30 to January 3, 2014). Collection on December 30 and 31 will remain the same, while those with a Wednesday collection will see pickup on Thursday. Residents on the Thursday schedule will move to Friday, while Friday moves to Saturday, January 4.
Holiday materials that can be recycled
- Christmas cards
- Cardboard boxes (flattened)
- Plastic packaging with a recycling triangle
- Christmas trees – can be dropped off at any of the “Let’s Chip In” Depots from December 27 to January 20.
Holiday materials that are NOT recyclable
- Christmas gift wrap and ribbon
- Foam packaging
- Plastic packaging without a recycling triangle
- Plastic film