Ten Winnipeg community centres are receiving grants from the City of Winnipeg to carry out renovations on their facilities.
The city is spending $362,269 to support repairs, upgrades, safety improvements and renovation projects at the local community centres.
Applicants are eligible for 100 percent support of project costs to a maximum of $50,000 per project, per calendar year.
The 10 community centres receiving grants under the program’s fourth intake are:
- Bourkevale (lighting upgrade) — $31,191
- Northwood (security system upgrade) — $24,558
- Norwood (washroom upgrades) — $50,000
- Sinclair Park (security system, flooring upgrade) — $32,351
- Waverley Heights (windows, doors, security system upgrades) — $21,607
- Winakwa (washroom upgrades) — $50,000
- Valley Gardens (exterior building renovation) — $47,699
- Southdale (washroom & flooring upgrades, acoustic enhancement) — $48,784
- Tyndall Park (flooring upgrade) — $6,084
- Notre Dame Recreation Centre (washroom, kitchen & door upgrades) — $49,995