Winnipeg Harvest is experiencing a shortage of food on its shelves and is asking the community to make a donation.
The food bank is seeking non-perishable items high in protein to help feed the 60,000 Manitobans who rely on their service every month.
The top 10 most wanted items are:
• Canned fish and poultry (tuna or salmon — packed in water) chicken or turkey
• Canned fruit and vegetables (packed in own juice)
• Canned stew, chili, brown beans
• Peanut butter
• Whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
• Baby food and infant formula
• Rice (brown, converted or parboiled)
• Canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
• Cereal (high fiber, non-sugar coated)
• Canned soup (lentil, pea, vegetable)
Monetary donations are also being accepted. For every $1 Winnipeg Harvest receives, $20 worth of groceries is distributed. Call (204) 982-3581 if you can help.