A new concert series in downtown Winnipeg will give Manitoba musicians a venue to play during the summer months.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ has launched the Downtown Concert Series, which will attract nine city festivals to the core area.
Beginning with ManyFest in Air Canada Park on June 4, the series will run until the end of August.
“Winnipeg is indeed a festival city and there’s no shortage of things to do and see,” said Stefano Grande, executive director of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “We’re confident that this new initiative will bring out the best local talent our city has to offer and the energy and excitement that Winnipeggers have been longing for.”
Grande said more than 90,000 people took in the over 50 festivals in downtown Winnipeg last year.
The free concerts will run every Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m.
- June 4 – ManyFest (Air Canada Park)
- June 11 – Countryfest (Air Canada Park)
- June 18 – Islendingadagurinn (Air Canada Park)
- June 25 – Aboriginal Music Week (Air Canada Park)
- July 2 & 9 – Winnipeg Folk Fest (Air Canada Park)
- July 16 – Aboriginal Music Week (Air Canada Park)
- July 23 & 30 – Folklorama (Air Canada Park)
- August 6 – Big Fun Festival (Millennium Library Park)
- August 13 – MEME (Millennium Library Park)
- August 20 & 27 – Manito Ahbee (Millennium Library Park)
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!